I owe everybody a huge apology!
I have watched The Lord of the Rings at least a thousand times, and I never noticed it. There is a ferret in The Fellowship of the Ring. You get to see the little fuzzy (actually, only its head) for just a couple of seconds.
It’s at the part where Frodo, Sam, Pippin, and Merry are at the Prancing Pony, when Frodo is talking to the innkeeper about seeing Gandalf. The innkeeper tells Frodo he hasn’t seen Gandalf, and then you see hobbits talking with one another. Right after that, you will see a man with a ferret sticking his head out of the man’s coat, and the man is feeding the ferret something.
Like I said, I have watched that movie a thousand times and never caught that part. That just shows that I need to pay more attention to the movies I watch.
I can tell you that the little fuzzy has no name in the movie.
As I was researching this famous ferret in The Lord of the Rings, I also came across a few more movies with our favorite actors (little fuzzies, of course). Here are some of the famous ferret actors I came across:
- Kindergarten Cop – The fuzzy actor had no name. But he did save Arnold in the movie.
- Beast Master – The famous ferrets’ names in this movie are Podo and Kodo.
- The Golden Compass – The fuzzy’s name in this one is Pan. I think this is a very cute movie.
- Along Came Polly – The famous fuzzy character’s name is Rodolfo.
- Harry Potter – Mad Eye Moody (who is actually Barty Crouch, Jr.) turns Draco Malfoy into a ferret in The Goblet of Fire. Also, at the end of The Deathly Hallows, Part 2, Harry’s and Jenny’s son, Albus, has a ferret in a bird cage.
- Ace Ventura: Pet Detective – I could not find the names of these famous fuzzies, so I assume they were not named.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring – As we know now there is a famous ferret in this movie.
These are just a few of the movies that have famous fuzzy actors in them. And again a great big “I’m so sorry for giving the wrong information about the ferret in The Lord of the Rings!”